11.24.2005

A Party Girl Leads China's Online Revolution - I am a dance girl, and I am a party member

A Party Girl Leads China's Online Revolution - New York Times: "SHANGHAI, Nov. 23 - On her fourth day of keeping a Web log, she introduced herself to the world with these striking words: 'I am a dance girl, and I am a party member.'
Skip to next paragraph
Enlarge This Image

Pictures from the Web log of a self-described Communist Party member from Shanghai who goes by the pseudonym Mu Mu. One expert says China's new bloggers talk back to authority, 'but in a humorous way.' 'I don't know if I can be counted as a successful Web cam dance girl,' that early post continued. 'But I'm sure that looking around the world, if I am not the one with the highest diploma, I am definitely the dance babe who reads the most and thinks the deepest, and I'm most likely the only party member among them.'"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home